Thursday, April 24, 2008

Delicious week 7.

Tags and social bookmarking are really great! I am quite convinced that in the future they will eventually replace subject headings and create a new easy access platform for all book-lovers and…book-worms. Tag Clouds look a little too ‘cloudy’ for my likings but, apart from that, they are good.
Technocrati is not my cup of tea and although I dutifully performed a keyword as well as advanced search for “bookmobile” I ended up with the same number of hits – 564. Searching for nswpln2008 brought back one result only – a comment from a disappointed ‘searcher’ who, like me, could not find anything…
LibraryThing was the most exciting of them all and very user friendly. I could hardly believe how easy it was to set up an account and to add to it the newest title of one of my favorite authors.
I did not have any difficulties setting up my own delicious account but could not work out how to put a link to it in my blog. I tried to follow Mylee’s examples but it did not work. I may try to do it again and would appreciate any 'how to' hints.

Annetta.

1 comment:

pls@slnsw said...

Tags and subject headings can compliment each other. Think about the concept of catalogers as the ultimate taggers!

Ellen